|1940 U.S. census. Illinois, Will County, Frankfort. ED 99-11. Sheet 5B. William Kampe. National Archives. Washington, D. C. Ancestry.com. accessed 15 April 2013.|
Complete census microfilm sets through 1930 are available at the National Archives and the regional branches. Our metro Atlanta branch is the National Archives at Atlanta, 5780 Jonesboro Rd, Morrow, GA 30260, Phone: 770-968-2100. Partial census microfilm sets through 1930 may be available in state archives, area historical and genealogical society repositories.
Complete or partial digitized census pages are available online. In the earlier years, several sources were used for the digitization such as state or federal copies. Please check more than one site as the clarity and indexing may be different. Online sites for digitized census records include:
- Print both the index page and the census page.
- Most database programs offer a download option which can be enhanced and enlarged on your personal pc or mac.
- Search the census by name, year, and location. Each method may offer different results.
- Remember, all of the online sites are constantly updating records, so check back frequently.
- Different web browsers may display and print the database information differently.
- A few census resources are Birth Year Calculator and Cyndi’s List
- Volunteer to index, contact Family Search.org.