Search This Blog

21 September 2013

Schuler family in the news



 In The Lockport Legend, August 22, 2013, page 9, Kristen Thometz, Editor, focuses on Eleanor Schuler Meister's visit to her childhood home. The home on Jefferson Street, Lockport, Will County, Illinois is now owned by Steve Rea and Nicholas McCarthy. Eleanor reminisces about the family picnics in the back yard. My memories  of these family gatherings include the combining of rations during WWII, the hand cranked ice cream, the playing of board games and trading comic books. 


Larry Schuler, nephew of Eleanor, also grew up in this home. Larry, now living in Minooka, Illinois carries on another tradition that of auto racing.

Kim Kemperman -  for Sun-Times Media

In an article by Tony Baranek, he quotes Larry, "I still enjoy the science of (racing). I've been doing this forever, and I feel like every time I go in the garage every night I learn something..." The complete article The main point: No worries for Schuler is found in the Sunday August 4, 2013 edition of Heraldnewsonline.com page 53. I have many fond memories of watching the family members race at the Grundy County Speedway and other locations.

Thank you both for the memories!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support. We grow and learn from each other.