Search This Blog

22 December 2017

Ruhama RAYMOND born about 1771 died 1853

   Ruhama RAYMOND born 17 January 1771 in New York, source Find A Grave. Her maiden name? She Married Joshua RAYMOND 1760-1839. My search is for documentation of death date. Also, I would to find her maiden name with documentation.

   According to Find a Grave and several Ancestry.com trees, Ruhama died in 1832. Other Ancestry trees have her death date as 26 January1853. Which is correct? After finding Joshua's will and probate on Ancestry, the 1850 US census on Ancestry, my conclusion was that Ruhama was alive after 1850. Continue my search. My find for today!!! St. Mathews Episcopal Church, Bedford, Westchester County, New York, Record of Burials in churchyard page 14. This clue was transcribed in 1952 by Natalie M Seth. Thank you Natalie! Copied from the Westchester County Historical Society records. The digital form accessed on FamilySearch.org. Several other RAYMOND family members buried in same churchyard. Someday, hopefully, the original records will be digitized too! Another great source used in my searching is Our Family Tree both their website and Facebook page.


   My connection 4th great-grandmother of 1st cousin1x removed, explanation, Fitch 1791-1882 (son of Ruhama) has a daughter also named Ruhama 1821-1894, daughter marries William Riley SMITH 1815-1877. Their son Arthur Albert SMITH 1855-1937 has a son Earl Leroy. Earl Leroy SMITH 1885-1957 has a son Arthur Clayton SMITH 1922-2007. Arthur's daughter married my cousin. Long trail, but somewhere the family may have records to match my biological and DNA family. Also, Joshua's will is about 14 pages long and full of wonderful information. See my tree Roots Digger on Ancestry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support. We grow and learn from each other.