Search This Blog

21 June 2019

Jane Angeline Dunham 1823-1906, parents William F Dunham & Sarah Metcalf

Green Bay Press-Gazette. 10 August 1893. Newspapers.com

William F Dunham and Sarah Metcalf have been connected as the parents of Jane Angeline Dunham 1823-1906. WE now have a paper trail and DNA trail. The reason I choose “WE” is because it has taken many years and many “cousins.” This hunt started in about 1990 with several photos from a 1900 Christmas album gift to my grandmother, Nettie Couch, 1884-1965. The hunt never ends. Now, I am looking for more cousins and more information on Jane’s parents. Along the way, I have found the names of DNA matches with every one of the siblings, several other Dunham families and several Metcalf families.

Special thanks to:
  • Dunham’s of Rome including Ann Eldred (1935-2003), Phyllis KItson, P.C. Alger, and Bill Wood, these people put my original question, “Dunham by birth or by marriage?” to rest with many photos and family group sheets
  • Beth for sharing a family group sheet from her research, especially on the Hickok line
  • Rich for all his DNA hours and for answering my basic DNA questions
  • Christina for this wonderful newspaper clipping that finally joins OUR family, for meeting me in Wisconsin several years ago, for introducing me to her sister, for sharing their family stories
  • Jane Wilcox, Forget-MeNot Ancestry, for guiding me in my searches
  • MyHeritage and Ancestry for DNA match suggestions
  • NGS research trips, especially a full packed week in Madison, Wisconsin
  • Gratia for sharing her vast knowledge of the Dunham family and her hours of research
  • Many, many friends and family who have listened to me whine for 20+ years because I could not find Jane’s parents 

Jane A Dunham Couch

Jane Angeline DUNHAM (1823 - 1906)
2nd great-grandmother
Eugene Deloss COUCH (1851 - 1925)
Son of Jane Angeline DUNHAM
Nettie Ethel COUCH (1884 - 1965)
Daughter of Eugene Deloss COUCH
Mildred Louise SCHULER (1919 - 2008)
Daughter of Nettie Ethel COUCH
Selma Ethel KAMPE
You are the daughter of Mildred Louise SCHULER

Now, more questions:
  • How come family Bible and all censuses except 1900 census list New York or Rome, New York as birth?
  • How come the 43 year lack of family contact?
  • How come migrated to LaSalle County, Illinois instead of Wisconsin?
  • Who are Jane’s grandparents?


View my Roots_Digger tree on Ancestry and Roots_Digger Related on MyHeritage. Join me in our search for more family members, stories, photos. Contact me a sbgenealogy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support. We grow and learn from each other.